Monday, January 6, 2014

On writing, resolutions, and making time


So...the last re-start of the blog didn't go so well. After some editing offers that I couldn't turn down, my free time turned into freelance time, and I honestly didn't make the blog a priority (obviously), although I wish I would have.

I'm usually not one for New Year's resolutions, but now that my monster freelancing projects are done, I have some time to assess how I spend the hours that aren't in front of my work computer. One thing that my job sometimes lacks is opportunity for creativity, but for some reason I haven't ever thought to make up for that lack of creativity *outside* of work. So that's what I'd like to do now.

I can't promise that I will post twice a week, and I can't promise that there won't be moments of silence, but I do want to start funneling my energy into some kind of creative venture, even if it's just a blog about YA books with stupid jokes and too many caps lock rants.

Happy 2014! Here's to words.

No comments:

Post a Comment